Followers

Sunday, November 16, 2008

11.16

At this point, I've tried to reach out to my parents a few times to show them or describe to them what I'm doing in South Africa. All I get is an "Uh-huh" or an "I'm too busy to look at these pictures/reply to your emails" type of response. Now, I realize I'm 26 years old and should probably get over this and accept that my parents are either never going to get me or be proud of me. Hard as I try, it's still disappointing. Somehow I feel I've failed them because I am not a manager at some big douchey corporation on my way to becoming a high paying top employee...or, still worse, a CPA. Actually, it's not disappointment that I feel. It's anger. Anger coupled with frustration.

I convinced Matt to get a car and it's been much easier getting around. His first day of driving stick on the wrong side of the road went off pretty well, with the exception of a few screams from yours truly. Overall, I'm very proud of him.

I spent Thursday in Chatsworth with the ladies taking pictures and had intentions of going Friday but, of course, pulled a neck muscle and have been out of commission since. Typical this would happen to me right in the middle of a major project. There is a meeting today that I am going to have to drag myself out of bed for.

Last night there was a rugby game and the entire city was outside our window drunk, smashing bottles, drag racing and yelling at about 5am in the morning. It was quite lovely. Really. Who needs the sounds of tropical birds waking you up when you can have drunken debauchery? We also found out that a man jumped from the second floor down to the first floor and entered a woman's room here, it seems that he wanted to "make friends". Luckily some guys in another studio had seen him do this and ran down to wake the staff and help the woman. Scary.

In other news, Matt and I tracked a cockroach in our room and killed it. It took us taking the entire bed apart and smoking him out, but we did it. We even have footage of this, however we haven't quite figured how to load movie files.

No comments:

About Me