Followers

Friday, October 17, 2008

10.13

Monday. A new week.  I met Sizani last night, a women's grassroots organizer, and I am in better spirits.  I have hope she is going to put me in touch with people and organizations that I can assist.  Anna, a friend of Matt's, stayed with us last night.  She filled us in on her work with USAID and the workshop she had just finished with Sizani and 20 Home Based Caregivers.

Walked over to Durban Art Gallery with Anna and Matt where I was approached by the curator, Bongani.  He told me about a Biennial they are planning in Capetown.  He seemed terribly excited and is looking for New York artists to showcase at the Biennial, which is focused on pieces/installations that deal with public intervention.  I am hoping to be able to get the "Screaming Wall Series" into production.  


No comments:

About Me