Followers

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

10.22

The proposals are finished and I sent them out this morning.  The first proposal is for the Rural Women's Movement where I will be working with Home-Based Caregivers and photo-documenting their day to day struggles as well as the HIV/AIDS patients that they take care of.  The second proposal is for the Abahlali Youth League to create a visual exhibition and hold a viewing at the completion of the project.  Hopefully, the kids will be excited about this and want to take part!  I'm INCREDIBLY excited about both of these proposals.

A group of about 60 school kids arrived at the hostel last night around 12pm.  This was truly unwelcomed since Matt and I have been going to sleep about 9ish each night.  We awoke and decided to have a midnight snack while we watched Sabine desperately try to keep them under control.  After finally getting back to sleep, we were awoken again at 6am when there was a mass exodus.  I am told they are staying here two more nights.  I am less than thrilled due to lack of hot water this morning.  

No comments:

About Me