Followers

Monday, October 27, 2008

10.27

Yesterday was wonderful. Matt woke me up to a bottle of Tia Maria and a bangle he had picked up for me. He made me a breakfast of rice, honey and almonds. The sun was finally out so we headed down to the beach but it turned out to be extremely windy and we couldn’t lay down. The sand whipped at us. We decided to overcome our distaste for the typical tourist spots and ventured inside a cabana. I’m almost ashamed to admit this, but we laid on the lounge chairs and ordered a series of whiskey and gingers…and I quite enjoyed myself.

Maxwell and Sabine met us later on and we went to a Moroccan restaurant in the suburbs where I had the most delicious rose petal mojito quite possibly on earth. We came back to the hostel to relax but our guests, members from the Abahlali Youth League, arrived just then. We sat, talked and drank for many hours before Matt began making dinner for everyone. It was all incredibly wonderful.

Matt bought me a sketch book, pastels and pencils for my birthday because it’s often too rainy and cloudy to photograph anything here. He put so much thought and energy into this day to make it special for me, it was really incredibly sweet.

No comments:

About Me