Followers

Saturday, October 18, 2008

10.18

Today the sun is warm and penetrating.  We have plans to go to the beach.  I've decided, much to Matt's horror (I think), that I need to give myself a day at the spa to compensate for the suffering I've endured the past few days.  Perhaps I am being dramatic, but I wouldn't be me if I wasn't being so.  

Post-beach, we are going to go to the gym which is an interesting bourgeois space here.  It seems to be a meeting grounds for the semi-upper crust.  The gym is a brand new building with top of the line equipment, a sauna, a jacuzzi, and a swimming pool.  They also have free internet available (!!!).  The gym is located right next to the Workshop which is a mall on a smaller scale.  In between the gym and the Workshop, street vendors put out their tables and fill them up with a variety of merchandise everyday and take the tables and tents down single day.  It's hard watching all this happen over and over.  

I feel gluttonous going to the market and spending R20 (about $2.50) on 4 plentiful bags of various vegetables.  

No comments:

About Me